13th Hyogo Science E-cafe"The Beauty in Mathematics"
Mathematicians often consider beauty to be the most important factor in mathematics ---you can find numerous books, articles, YouTube clips etc. in which many mathematicians, prominent or rather unknown, declare this. In this session of Hyogo ScienceE-cafe we shall discuss about the beauty in mathematics with two professors from Kobe University.Sakae Fuchino illustrates the beauty in mathematical theorems and their proofs with Pythagorean theorem and some other examples.(European) music has been based on mathematical theory and this also traces back to Pythagoras in 6th century BC. Wayne Rossman will discuss about the beauty in connection with mathematics and music.In the second part of the cafe we shall further talk about the beauty in mathematics in a panel discussion.
- Tuesday, April 25th, 2017
- 18:30 ～ 20:30
- 2nd floor, NESCAFE Sannomiya, Kobe
- 7 Chome-1-15 Gokodori Chuo-ku, Kobe-shi, Hyogo-ken 651-0087
- Seating capacity
- 30 people
- 800 yen (for Cafe Drinks, Sandwich+sweets）
- To Register
- E-mail your name to The Kobe University Science Shop at: HSE-CAFE＠radix.h.kobe-u.ac.jp
- Email by Sunday, April 23rd, space is limited to 30 people
- Organized by
- Hyogo Science Coalition & Kobe University Science Shop